Faith-Based Coalitions and Collaborative Partnerships
• Interfaith Health Platform (IHP)
offers access to best practices and resources developed by faith groups.
• DC Community Partnership Council (CPC) contributes directly to providing guidance to DC Center for AIDS Research (DC CFAR), DC CFAR leadership, participating in pilot award application reviews, and ensuring representation to provide community perspectives.
• National CFAR CAB Coalition (N3C) represents the Centers for AIDS Research (CFAR) Community Action/Advisory Boards (CABs) as a national group of key stakeholders in HIV research and provides a resource for community engagement and involvement in national CFAR initiatives.
• Building Rhythm Thru Recovery at Westminster DC(BRTR)
seeks to implement Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) education and training.
• DC Senior Advisory Coalition (SAC) advocates to improve the quality of life for and with older adults in DC, working with the Department of Aging & Community Living to improve housing, nutrition, and transportation for seniors across Washington, DC.
• Presbyterian HIV Network (PHIVN) welcomes those who advocate with and care for PLW and their families. George serves as the Co-Moderator and sever on the board of the Presbyterian Health, Education, and Welfare Association (PHEWA) - Presbyterian Church (USA)
• National Faith HIV AIDS Awareness Day Faith plays a major role in the lives of many Americans. Many find faith to be a connection to a spiritual being, deity, or creator. Unfortunately for many Americans living with HIV, faith communities can turn from a place of refuge to a source of stigma and turmoil.
• U.S. HIV AIDS Faith Coalition
People of faith, faith leaders, and people working in the HIV and AIDS response gather for a one-day faith pre-conference in advance of the U.S. Conference on HIV AIDS (USCHA) to discuss and develop strategies to strengthen the capacity of houses of worship and faith-based organizations who are engaged, or wish to engage, in efforts to end the HIV epidemic.
PHOTO:Cedric Pulliam, Khadijah Abdullah, George Kerr III, Dr. Ulyccecc Burley III